Monday, September 12, 2011

Back!

Lately, I've found myself blogging in my head, and then I wonder why I ever stopped. I soon remember that I have almost no time in the day to do the things I need to do, let alone the things I'd like to do.

Want to know what's been going on in my life since day-whatever of planning for my wedding? Read on, my friends.

First, I'm married! Life's been grand since the "big day". Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and so so so much fun. Our honeymoon to Avila Beach turned into a road trip down the central and southern coastline of California. I highly recommend staying at the La Fonda Hotel if you're looking for a nice romantic weekend getaway to a quaint little beach (and ask for the room with the spa tub, it's definitely worth the extra penny). We made the trip back up to Utah, and have spent just over a week in our very own teeny 500-something square foot apartment in "The Avenues" in Salt Lake.

Speaking of our apartment, living in good ol' Provo for the last three years has spoiled me. I am used to fully furnished, internet and cable provided, and not having to pass background, credit, and employment checks before being able to be considered a future tenant for an apartment. Boy am I not looking forward to moving again. I have waiting and not knowing if the $50 or $60 we spent for an application is a waste of time and money that we don't have. I just have to keep telling myself that the two first rejections were worth it because we ended up in a pretty neat little place in a nearly perfect location.

After sitting on the floor or our air mattress for just over a week..... We have a couch! My parents allowed us to purchase a cute little love seat from IKEA as our wedding gift. Matt still ends up sitting on the floor for whatever reason. We also purchased a nice coffee table and a step stool. All three things were assembled by this happy little couple Saturday afternoon as a big, rumbly storm passed through our new, exciting city.

We keep hoping to venture around town to become better acquainted with places other than the Gateway Mall and Temple Square, which we have frequented many times over the couple years. I've been able to drive around a little on my way to and from picking up or dropping Matthew off at school, and I have come to a conclusion. Salt Lake City has some of the most beautiful homes I have ever seen! They almost all have so much character! - red brick walls, vines growing up the sides of homes and apartment buildings, big, beautiful, colorful gardens, bold-colored doors. I love it all. I found a new, quicker way to get to Matt's school on Thursday, which just so happens to be adorned with said homes and buildings, and I was so excited to show him on our drive home. He wasn't as excited as I was, but I guess I tend to get really excited about little things like that.

We're still living in a mess of boxes strewn about our apartment. You never really know how much unnecessary junk you have until you move, and the funny thing is that I donated and threw away a ton of stuff before we moved. I have at least two large boxes and a garbage bag of stuff to find new homes for, and when you live in a shoebox like we do, every square foot is important and can't afford to be cluttered. I don't know what to do. Furniture would be nice. It would probably help quite a bit too, yes? Unfortunately, rent is a necessity and furniture is expensive so some things will just have to wait.

I realize this post is getting rather lengthy and you're probably getting bored so I'll leave you with a few pictures. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment