Thursday, September 29, 2011

Farmer's Market!

I'm pretty sure my favorite thing about living in this city is the Farmer's Market. No, I am sure. There's just something about walking around and seeing all of the different sorts of people enjoying their Saturday afternoon the same way you are. Matt's favorite part, aside from the glorious food, is seeing all of the different types of puppies. I swear that man is obsessed with dogs. He's always talking about our future dogs and the wacky names he come up with. He's always talking about our future children, too. It's awfully cute.

Anywho! Here are some pictures I took of our adventure to the Farmer's Market last Saturday. Next week I'll have to go by myself, if I go at all, because Matt will be doing some clinical stuff for his CNA course (which is almost over! yay!).



A Farmer's Market is a tomato-lover's dream. I am a tomato love, fo sho.

 I can't begin to explain how neat this guy's instrument was. It was an awesome combination of so many sweet musical sounds. We loved it.

This picture does not give justice to the ginormous size of those onions and fatty carrots. 

 Those veggies were big even in comparison to this Great Dane!
(This dog is my dream dog, by the way. I nearly squealed when I first saw him,
 I was so excited! okay, maybe I did squeal, and maybe Matt rolled his eyes.)

It's he beeeeautiful?! He's my favorite coloring, and definitely twice as big as I am. 
Matt asked if I was sure I wanted a dog big enough for me to ride. 
YOU BET!
But he'll have to clean up the poo. ;)

 One of the greatest parts about the FM is the free samples. 
This fresh kettle corn and caramel corn was to die for!

Seeing all sorts of home-grown pumpkins got me SO excited for the fall season. It's totally my fave. 
the changing colors, cool breezes, perfect weather, and Halloween and Thanksgiving make me so happy!
I want to get a pumpkin which a huge stem like this. :)

 This is what Matt ate. It was some sort of sausage in a bun with some awesome spices.

 You probably can't tell, but he was in heaven. He finished it before My food was even ready!

 I got my lunch from the neighboring tent. That lady in the front was absolutely adorable. She had a great accent and said the cutest things. She told me I looked very pretty and kept calling me "darlin'".

This is what I ordered. YUM! I only ate half, and the rest (as always) 
was eaten by Matthew, my food disposal.

 While we were eating, we saw this. Isn't he an exciting assortment of prints!?

 We sat near a hoola-hoop area. It was hilarious, clever, and so so cute. 

 Then we heard some chanting, and I wanted to check it out.

The people who created the circle we chanting something while randomly, people would go into the center and flail around - doing cartwheels, and spinning with self-perceived precision of some sort. Every one and a while the people making the circle would clap. At least they were having fun doing whatever it was they were doing. 

We had a lot of fun. Just before this picture, as we were leaving, a man with fruit and a knife stopped us and made us eat a piece of peach, then a nectarine. We felt obligated, of course! I said "mmm", then the man said to Matt that I was having a "tongue-gasm." I probably did, but that's just a little awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment