Tuesday, September 27, 2011

a la mode.

These days all I can think of are the endless possibilities our little home possesses. I cannot wait to start the transformation. I've been doing a lot of "soul searching" and discovering what makes me tick, what makes me happy, what style is me, and more importantly, us.

Having Matthew's approval of design and style ideas for our apartment is so important to me. Lucky for me, he's into just about anything I show him. We've decided on a fun, vintage/shabby-chic look, and somehow, we'll incorporate the new modern-styled couch we got from IKEA. I couldn't be more excited!

We're very into recycled goods, as they're so full of character and tend to be a little easier on the wallet, and our wallet has been taking a pounding lately. Another good thing about used goods and our open minds are the ways we can get creative and reuse things in fun ways. 

This is the neatest little idea for a book shelf. If you happen to know 
where I can find some old wooden boxes, please let me know!

I can't get enough of this dresser. I absolutely love the color!

We really want/need a little extra kitchen space. A little shelving unit of some sort
 that would house some of our kitchen appliances, pots and pans, 
and food would be absolutely delightful!

And then we'll adorn the walls with funky pictures in vintage frames and other wall goodies, patterned rugs where space and good sense will allow, old goodies on shelves, and vintage-inspired throw pillows made by yours truly. 

You'd be amazed at how creativity has hit me the past few weeks. I've never felt so inspired or happy with myself. I've made two pillows, drawn a couple nifty pictures, and dreamed of my newly decorated space. 

This weekend I will check out some garage sales before it gets too cold. I must find these things.

Here are some pictures of our place just after we moved in. It has changed a bit as we have gotten a couch, coffee table, and a new comforter and sheets.




Yes, it's teeny, but we love it and it's home. I can't wait to get it decorated to make it really feel like ours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment