Sunday, January 29, 2012

The truth is...

Life has been really though lately, and even though no one reads this blog yet, I have a hard time opening up about what has been going on. I guess that's always been a hard thing for me. I hope one day for that to change.

Fairly recently, I found this blog, and when I find a new blog I love, I love it up and down and read as many posts as possible. And I don't get bored. That's when I know I've found a good one. This one inspired me. Casey, writer of The Wiegands, is like an open book with her life struggles and her happy moments. I love that.

I also found this blog. She's basically the type of mom I want to be. She has six children - one of which was just adopted from Africa. I love how raw and inspiring bloggers can be. I love that they share their lives and add such positive insights and stories to the blogging community.

One day. For now, I am trying to take things one step at a time, really focusing on myself. I figured out that I need to take some time to myself every once and a while to figure myself out, and figure out how to be the best possible me I can be.


oh! I've been doing a decent job at my little resolutions!
Proof:


[The dresser and almost everything on it was thrifted! oh, how I love good finds.]


[Note: the love seat is not butted up against the heater (although it appears to be), although that heater doesn't work anyhow.]
Love seat, coffee table, curtain rod, grey rug: IKEA 
Curtains & bookshelf: Target


[My procrastination/work station]
Desk: hand-me-down from Matt's Grandma Weea
Shelf, bulletin board, basket: IKEA
Chandelier: gift
Sentsy: gift from momma
"I heart Christmas" LED lights: Target's seasonal clearance section ($.70 - originally $7)
"C": JoAnns - painted and decorated by Mi

Slowly but surely, this place is beginning to look more and more like the home I imagined it to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment