Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Good Stuff

My family came to visit last weekend!

It was supposed to be a surprise visit, but my dad can't ever keep secrets. Especially good ones.

They were only here for two short days, which made having to say goodbye hard. Along with good company, laughs, and little explorations and wanderings around town, they brought a little Christmas with them. My siblings went gung-ho this Christmas and showered us with all sorts of lovely goodies. I wish I had taken more pictures. I believe my mom snapped a few so hopefully I can snag them from her soon. Even though Christmas had passed, we got to squeeze out a little more Christmas Spirit out of this season when we opened our gifts - clothes, candy and homemade cookies, nick-nacs - all greatly appreciated. Most appreciated was the company. I realized that I didn't know how much I missed being with my family until they were here, and then when they left.

We ventured off to the Zoo to admire the Christmas lights one last time, wandered through Temple Square - again admiring Christmas lights and Christmas-y festivities going on.

On day two of their visit, my parents surprised Matt and I with a bed. Totally unexpected. A R-E-A-L bed! The past several months of our married lives have been spent sleeping on an air mattress that decided it didn't want to stay inflated through the night around Thanksgiving time. Yep, we'd been sleeping on a deflated air mattress for a month, and had planned to continue doing so until we could afford to get a real bed. And let me tell you, sleeping under such conditions takes a toll on your back. Real bad. Real quick.

What parents I have. Truly wonderful.

The second and last night they were here, we decided to have a little sleep over with Annie and Westley. Unfortunately for everyone, I had work early the next morning so we couldn't do many of the traditional fun sleep over activities. We managed to squeeze in a movie and made a make-shift bed our of lots of blankets.

I loved every sweet moment we got to spend with that lovely family of mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment