Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The New Year is here, Christmas is gone, and the decorations have made their way back into boxes until next year.

I love that the beginning of a new year gives you time to reflect on the things that happened over the past year. 2011 treated me so well - so well I can hardly believe it! Let's reflect:
  1. I finished 2 semesters and 1 term of college. (only 1 more semester & an internship to go!)
  2. I got engaged! 
  3. Planned a wedding and found the most wonderful dress for me.
  4. Married my best friend in the whole wide world and gained the most amazing in-laws. Seriously. 
  5. Moved to Salt Lake. The first "big" city I've ever lived in. Very exciting and intimidating it was. 
  6. Found myself my first full-time job and rocked it while taking the fullest load of classes I've ever taken. 
  7. Got a bunny! 
  8. Put my childhood dog of 14 years to rest. (Forever in my heart, little Sunrise.)
This year has been full of amazing adventures, but I have a feeling 2012 is going to be beautiful and full.

For Christmas, Matt and I made a trip up to Colorado to spend the holiday with his Aunt, Uncle, little cousins Joey and Nicky, and his grandparents. It was so much fun, I forgot to take many pictures! :( Due to a little accident in the kitchen Christmas Eve afternoon, we had a late start to our trip. Matt sliced open his thumb while cutting apples for the road and ended up in the hospital. Nothing is more terrifying than getting a call from your husband while at work telling you that he's in the hospital. Because of his "bum thumb" I was the one wrestling and sledding with the boys all weekend. It was a blast!

Oh, and Mochi came, too! She hated the car ride, but absolutely loved being in a new place! She was so good with the boys - when they weren't playing with their new nerf guns, they wanted to be playing with her. Their dog loved Mochi, too.



Just Dance 3 - SO fun!

Brothers. 

Joey would NOT take a nice picture with Nicky. 

Monument, Colorado.

I love these little fellas, and I especially 
loved being attached at the hip with the both of them.

We had such a sweet visit with Mando, Leacia, the boys, and Papa and Weea. Living so far from family makes the holidays especially difficult when you can't afford to go home, but being able to spend a few days with them made our first Christmas away from home much more enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment