Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring sprung today.

I live in the lovely land of Utah. Yay.

The scenery's great, don't get me wrong, but growing up in California kind of.. spoiled me. It almost feels like it's always winter here, but not today. Today was beautiful. It hit a high of 55! You know what that means?! No figure-eliminating coat! That's right, I didn't have to wear a coat today. I was ecstatic!



It even smelled like spring. 

Today made me realize that I need to live somewhere warm. I love actually having a white Christmas here, but I'm not exactly fond of it staying white so long (although it's been a few weeks since snow piles have invaded the sidewalks). Unfortunately, the homeland isn't exactly my cup of tea either. Maybe, just maybe, if the Mr. and I can one day afford to live in California, we'll live in the more pleasant areas like the bay or somewhere along the southern California coast. Orr maybe we'll pick a random state and settle down.. orrr maybe we'll have a get-away home somewhere awesome.. orrrr maybe we'll just travel the world and have homes in all of our favorite places.

I think I just got carried away. It's healthy to dream, right?

One of my favorite parts of spring is the flowers -

         I love bulb plants; especially tulips. They're sprouting up everywhere! I'll take pictures tomorrow.

Another favorite is blossoms!
      
         Peach blossoms, nectarine blossoms, plum blossoms, blossoms! I haven't seen any here yet. I miss that about home. I miss living next to a peach orchard and seeing the pretty pink and white trees. I miss driving the country roads and looking at the cotton candy- like rows. The trees are in bloom right now back home. I want to see them!


Fingers crossed for another beautiful day tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment